Cosmetic dentistry- Prosthodontics- Smile design
If you are unhappy with your smile, you may be surprised to know that modern cosmetic dentistry offers many solutions to common aesthetic problems. Our clinic provides the full spectrum of cosmetic dentistry to our patients. Whether you are seeking simple tooth whitening or to repair crooked or damaged teeth, we can help you to achieve a more attractive smile.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain Veneers are artistically designed custom thin porcelain layers that are bonded on to teeth to create straight, healthy looking teeth.
- Porcelain inlays/onlays: Replacing large fillings in back teeth often requires stronger, more precisely contoured restorations. These are called inlays or onlays depending on whether they are being placed inside the tooth or on its outer surface. These restorations need to be custom-made at an off-site dental lab; therefore, two visits may be required. Once the dental office receives the custom inlay or onlay, the patient returns to the dentist’s office, where the restorations are bonded into place.
- Crowns: When a tooth is fractured, has a large old filling, or is severely damaged by decay, your dentist may recommend the placement of a crown. Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your smile. Types of crowns include the full porcelain crown, the porcelain-fused-to-metal crown (precious & non-precious) and the all-metal crown. Fitting a crown requires at least two visits to the dentist’s office. Initially, the Dentist removes decay and shapes the tooth; makes an impression and fits a temporary or transitional crown of plastic or metal. In a subsequent visit, the dentist removes the temporary crown, fits and adjusts the final crown and cements the crown into place.
- Bridges: Few incidents have greater impact on dental health and personal appearance than tooth loss. When one or more teeth are missing, the remaining teeth can drift out of position, which can lead to a change in the bite, the loss of additional teeth, decay and gum disease. When tooth loss occurs, your dentist may recommend the placement of a bridge. A bridge is one or more replacement teeth anchored by one or more crowns on each side.
- Smile makeover: What is it that you like or dislike about your smile or your teeth? Some aspects of your smile that our specialised dentist will review with you and that could be improved include the following: tooth colour, alignment and spacing, missing teeth, harmony and balance. A cosmetic dentist will work closely with you to develop a treatment plan designed to achieve exactly what you want from your makeover.